In the world of competition, there is a big rivalry between Snapdragon 888 and Apple A14 bionic. Let’s discuss about Snapdragon 888 vs Apple A14 Bionic Chip and which one is better overall.
We all know that Apple always uses the most powerful and effective processor in optimizing and improving.
Apple A14 is the latest chip from Apple. And also Snapdragon has recently launched the most powerful processor Snapdragon 888. So, this is very tough to find out the best processor from them.
Snapdragon comes with a strong modem Qualcomm’s x60 which generates better speed. And Apple has provided its A14 bionic chipset with Qualcomm’s x55 modem. In this condition, Snapdragon 888 easily strikes the Apple A14 Bionic chipset.
We are going to share our experimentation analysis on Apple A14 bionic VS Snapdragon 888 comparison with you.
Before diving into the dissimilarities let’s find out the big similarities between the two chips. First Snapdragon 888 and Apple A14 bionic are manufactured on a cutting edge 5 nm EUV process.
Apple A14 Bionic is manufactured by TSMC and Snapdragon 888 is manufactured by Samsung with enabling smaller transistor sizes than ever before, resulting in greater density and improved energy efficiency. This both chipset provides tangible improvements to chip capability performance and battery life.
Apple A14 Bionic is being used in Apple 12 series. On the other hand, Snapdragon 888 Powers POCO f3 Pro, OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, Asus ROG5 series, and so on.
|Feature||Snapdragon 888||A14 Bionic|
Kyro 689, Octa core CPU
Apple's Quad core GPU
Quick Charge 5 (100W+)
8K @ 30 FPS, 4K HDR Dolby @ 60FPS, 720p @ 960FPS
4K HDR Dolby @ 60FPS
Let’s sneak peek at all the features that Qualcomm and Apple are providing to us, and compare Snapdragon 888 vs Apple A14 side by side:
- In Snapdragon 888 powered by Adreno 660 best in enhancing gaming and GPU performance.
- Its new architecture is based on ARM cortex X1 technology and enabled Qualcomm Kryo 680 CPU which increases 25% higher performance and incredible power efficiency.
- Snapdragon 888 uses a 6th generation Qualcomm AI engine with a hexagon 780 processor.
- It can capture 120 FPS burst photos at 12 MP.
- Snapdragon gives you the first computational HDR video capture and also AI-based autofocus and auto exposure.
- Giving feature of Snapdragon increase variable. Rate shading of 30% moments and Qualcomm game quick-touch responsiveness by up to 20%.
- Snapdragon 888 supports Qualcomm quick charge 5 technology so, you can charge 0 to 100% in less than 15 minutes.
- GPU of Apple A14 bionic comes with four cave GPU which is designed by Apple.
- It supports a 12 MP single camera and 12 + 12 MP dual camera and captures 4K HDR at 60fps.
- The Apple A14 bionic has 11.8 billion transistors.
- The six core of CPU are divided into four high-efficiency cores and to high-performance cores, it is claimed that Apple is offering 40% faster than Apple a13 Bionic processor which is the previous generation of Apple at that graphics, via four cores, are 30% faster.
TSMC uses the new 5 NM EUV fabrication in Apple A14 bionic chip. This recent fabrication provides about 81 % more logic density. And Snapdragon 888 also comes with a similar 5 NM EUV fabrication.
On an update of Qualcomm, we have recognized that they gave the order to Samsung. That is why, according to the resources, Snapdragon 888 is formed on the Samsung 5nm EUV process. But it’s not properly reliable.
Snapdragon 888 assures better performance, superior experience, and gaming experience than the Apple Bionic A14. New smartphones will be provided with Snapdragon 888 will be the Asus 5 series, OnePlus 9 series, Vivo x 60, MI 11 Pro and etc.
Geek Bench Benchmark:
AnTuTu score of Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 is hoping with 743894 points. Where Apple A14 bionic performed his AnTuTu score with 680174 points which are lower than Snapdragon 888. And Geekbench score of Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 is 3350 points for single-core and 13215 points for multi-core. On the other hand, The Apple A14 Bionic chipset gives a Geekbench score for a single-core with 1658 points and for a multi-core score with 4612 points.
For different Scenarios, Based on multiples on the AnTuTu benchmark app, Apple A14 bionic provides a Geekbench score of 1,658 in single-core and 3,930 for multi-core. On the other hand, Snapdragon 888 gives a Geekbench score for single-core with 4,759 points and for multi-core with 14,915 points.
Apple A14 bionic presents the 11TOPs of AI inferencing performed which is moreover the GTOPs on Bionic A13. Snapdragon 888 goes along with 26TOPs for AI which gives 73% increases. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G program operates a 6th generation Qualcomm AI engine.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 sports a recently re-engineered Qualcomm Hexagon processor and 2nd generation Qualcomm sensing hub for lower power always-on AI processing.
Conclusion | Snapdragon 888 vs Apple A14 bionic
Of course, those two processors belong to different domains. One majorly focuses on Gaming while the other on Optimization. Apple 14 Bionic Processor is more premium, embedded with Advance Apple developed equipment.
While on the other hand, Snapdragon has been Evolving so fast with all their chipsets at a pace.
As the performance of both is almost the same in a manner but somehow Apple leads the competition in Single core and Multi-core both. We’ll get to see how those companies evolve their processors for the best performance.
we have understood both of the chipsets Apple A14 Bionic and Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor’s performance almost the same in all manners. Although they are different on the sheet, obviously we will observe more application of Snapdragon 888 in the upcoming Galaxy S21 and much more high performed smartphone. But it is assured that there will be an amazing experience on the camera.
We hope you liked our article about ‘Snapdragon 888 vs Apple A14 bionic’, If you did, share this with your friends. See you in the next Article.